Friday, January 30, 2015

No second chance..!!

True, life doesn't always give a second chance. I've heard about this many a times....planned, prepared and procrastinated.
It's been more than a decade since I met the people who were such integral part of my life once. With who I'd spend the whole day....fooling around, making future plans, daydreaming, lazing around....just being me....the souls who actually know me inside out...probably better than I do. My school friends. Lives took diffrent roads. All got busy with their family and careers. There were days when we'd feel uncomfortable not having met each other for even 3-4 days....and now...it's been years!! How lives change. How priorities change. How times change. How busy we get chasing the unknown. Ignoring the voice which tells you to pause and breathe. I want to meet all my school buddies who I've been with during my wonder years...I can. I should. I will. Coz you never know. Life seldom gives a second chance.


I love to paint! Have at least 5 unfinished paintings in my storeroom...covered in dust and time. Have thought about bringing them out and completing them every time I open that room...but that's all I do. Think. Plan. And then go about doing what I was about it....nothing. It hurts. I hate myself for doing it every time. And then again, I repeat. The canvas has aged. The colours have faded. But wonder what stops me? I want them done. No one else can do it. Only me. I will. I promise. Coz life is short. It doesn't always give you time enough for things you keep putting off for tomorrow. Coz who knows...if there is one at all!!

Learning to play the guitar!! But now I'm a mom! Not a teenager who aspires to be a rock star!!
What're my kids going to think about me? And how useless to learn something soooo stupid. I should probably join some cooking or baking courses instead....afterall I have some responsibilities! But I
promise I'll learn to play the guitar at some point in my life, for sure. But when?? Is life going to be any different then? Will I stop being a mom then? Will knowing how to play a guitar make me less aware about my responsibilities or duties?? I'll find a music teacher this week :). Coz when I say my final goodbye to this world...I should know I've done well. In life.
Life is now. There's no tomorrow. Today is the tomorrow you were worrying about yesterday. So get up n get going....life is waiting!!


This post is a part of #secondchance activity at Blogadda in association with MaxLife Insurance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment